It's a house with no qualities, specially it is a house but not really at all.
It's a restoration project of an old house situated around Padua, in the italians countryside.
It's a space for human relations, for living together the weekends, for parties, for the bbq, gor vegetables gardens, for memories and family celebrations.
The project set up the two familiar unities, around the exterior side, a traditional space called “Aia”, that it was well-known as a collective space for farmer's works and family playground at the same time.
The two unities , both strongly feautered in a brutalism approach, share this space, keeping, at the same time, the privacy they need.
The dwelling is emptied, keeping the naked structure, for having two double-heights environments. We design some frugal object, just like some iron lamps and a concrete kitchen, to try to keep alive the sobriety and the semplicity of the existing building, even if with a new freedom.
Material Used :
1. Facade cladding: exististing bricks and recovering bricks
2. Flooring: concrete and concrete+small stones on our design
3. Doors: recovery doors
4. Windows: recovery doors+ iron steel window on our design (artisans: arteferrobattuto)
5. Roofing: roof tiles
6. Interior lighting: Ingo Maurer (lamp on the table), Edizione Privata by Michele De Lucchi, Orvett (old metal recovery lamp for the outside), our design lights like the gold one lamp in the entrance..
7. Interior furniture: recovery furniture (orvett)+ikea+kartell+cappellini+our design furniture such as kitchen, tables, sinks...