What was the brief?
To design a coffee stand that serve people not only the good drink but also give them perfect environment with limit of space.
What were the key challenges?
Limitations of any kind require creativity in design. space planning has fit due to given function. We have very small space to create new experience to users. A playfully-designed large timber “gate” is used to create visual impact on the street, and clearly indicate whether the cafe is open or closed.
What materials did you choose and why?
Timber wood and travertine stone are the main material for coffee no.9 façade. We chose durable natural materials to create sense of comfortable and friendly. Fortunately, type of materials is not important than its function. Wood and stone play an important role asa playfully-designed flexible façade that create sense of territory when it close or open.
- Facade cladding: Timber wood / Travertine Stone , Local materia
- Flooring: Public street
- Doors: Timber wood, Custom made
- Windows: Aluminum frame, Custom made
- Roofing: Existing
- Interior lighting: General light, Lamptitude
- Interior furniture: Artificial wood, Custom made