THE FOOTBALL STADIUM IN NIZHNY NOVGORODFOR THE 2018 WORLD CUP IN RUSSIA
The stadium imagery is based on associations with Volga nature themes - water and wind. Regular framework formed by arranged in a circle triangular pillars, bears a translucent roof over the spectator lobby and tribunes. The building is surrounded by a pedestrian gallery, on which ladders lead, directed at a tangent trajectory.
The stadium and the landscaped park area around it are located in the area of Nizhny Novgorod Strelka - an elongated plot of land located on the low bank at the Oka and Volga confluence.
The site allocated for the stadium construction, adjacent to the historical buildings area, where an architectural monument - Alexander Nevsky Cathedral is situated, and is clearly visible from the heights of the central part of the city.
The Strelka territory is planned to be united by a pedestrian boulevard, which will allow including the stadium in the recreational area complex for residents and visitors of the city.
The successful placement of the stadium on an abandoned beyond river territory where a famous Nizhny Novgorod fair was situated in the XIX century, now lost, with a maximum distance from Alexander Nevsky Cathedral to the street Betancourt allows:
- to form an important urban development unit on the main compositional axis – the Volga river embankment, which determines the architectural, spatial and planning organization of the projected territory;
- to save the dominant role of Alexander Nevsky Cathedral;
- to free the Strelka triangle from low-value warehouse port buildings and to create a park along the Volga river embankment from the historical zone in the area of Alexander Nevsky Cathedral, including historical and cultural monuments, to the stadium territory.
Construction basis is a pile foundation under the columns, located by bushes, united by reinforced concrete grillage.
The constructive scheme of the tribunes and under-tribune premises of the building is due to the accepted space-planning decision made in the form of a monolithic reinforced concrete frame, which is a system of multi-storey monolithic reinforced concrete frames located around the football field perpendicular to it ("radial" direction), and in the corner zones along the radius directed to the corners of the field. The covering of the circular structure with a diameter of 290.0 m consists of two parts: the covering above the tribunes and the covering above the foyer.
The covering over the tribunes of the stadium is a radial-ring shaft shell. The geometry of the covering surface is close to the elliptical cone. Form of the coverage in plan: on the outer contour is an oval with the dimensions of major axis 243.8х206.7 m, but inside (the opening above the play area) – an oval with major axis dimensions of 123.0 x 85.9 m. The bearing structures system of covering - 44 radial triangular flat farms, located between the outer and inner contours. The radial farms overhang is around 60.29 m, the height from the opening is 14.5 m.
Bearing structures above the foyer block – 88 radial sprengel beams with the span from 22.41 to 40.81 m, pivotally supported by the beams of the inner support ring. Sprengel beams are located in the same plane with the radial trusses of the tribune covering, pivotally supported by the outer row of reinforced concrete columns through fixed pillars, the pillars are connected to each other by bracing.
The overall stability of the covering is provided by the joint operation of the radial-ring rod system with bracing and vertical bracing between the pillars along the axes of the inner row of columns in four panels. The translucent roof of the stadium is made of polycarbonate.
The facade is a membrane structure attached to the reinforced concrete columns that support the compression beam of the covering (inner perimeter columns). Membrane panels are attached to the outer side of the column on one side and to the inner side on the other.
The panels are in the form of "sails" and in the unloaded state are almost flat. The panels intersect within the columns perimeter and are attached to both outer and inner side of the reinforced concrete columns with the help of inserts mounted on chemical anchors. Mortgages for attaching ropes repeat the rounded shape of the column. Membrane panels on the long sides are attached to the ropes stretched between the columns.
Material Used :
1. Steel structures "Konar", "Cimolai" (ConorChimolai) "Freyssinet"
2. Membrane "Maffeis Engineering", "Kurganstalmost"
3. Structural elements of walls and partitions Aquapanel "Knauf"
4. Insulation materials and insulation "TECHNONICOL", "Rockwool"
5. Stained glass "Alyutek". Complete stained-glass system "Alutech" Alutech ALT F50 SG with two-chamber double-glazed windows filling "Guardian"was used for translucent fencing structures.
6. Stained glass frames"SCHUCO"
7. Stained glass "AGC".
8. Doors "DoorHan"
9. Ceiling systems RPO "Albes", "Armstrong"
10. Ceramic tile "Estima
11. Flooring "Sika"
12. Water-emulsion paint "Delux"
13. Rubber coating "Norament".
14. Illumination: Lamps "Philips"
15. Furniture, accessories:
- Plastic folding seats "Victory" of domestic production and VIP seats "Victory-M" for the spectator tribune’s equipment./ LLC Avangard-Story.
- Commentator's desk for three person, table for writing press with desks / LLC Avangard-Story.
- Bench - product LinoSonego (Sport systems) / LLC "MAGNUM", Moscow".