The new Collegio San Filippo Neri retirement home in Lanzo Torinese stands out in particular for two aspects. First, it develops a building typology that is in urgent need of improvement in Italy in terms of architectural quality and spaces, performance and formulas. Then it takes an existing historical building and adds new contemporary volumes to create adequate space for the new functions.
Through an extensive restoration, Picco Architetti has transformed a former nineteenth-century college on the outskirts of Turin. Built by San Giovanni Bosco back in 1870, today the building consists of four floors and accommodates a hundred beds.
The ceramic collection Code, Taupe color, shows its high affinity with the architectural rhythm of the structure. The 30x120cm, 20mm thick, format dresses the main entrance and the external courtyard with the purity of the stone and the force of the cement.
The same Taupe tone from Elements Design, a resin-effect line with an R10 finish, decorates the bedrooms as well as the meeting and relaxation areas on the ground floor, where a porch with large windows blends past and present in a single, luminous aesthetic vision.