THE BUGS 'HOUSE is located in a high-class urban area in Cau Giay district, Hanoi, and is a 5m x 17m (mixed-use: office + shop + house) shop-house model typical of Vietnamese cities.
- We have proposed to design and renovate a typical house into THE BUGS 'HOUSE (optimal house space on the 2nd-3rd-4th-5th floor and optimal office space on the 1st floor).
- The current shape of the house is a long and narrow tube, the advantage is that there is a fairly high floor height on the 1st and 4th floor, so we built a loft on each of these 2 floors (this area). By creating a void, moving the location of the stairs, adding more lofts and (significantly more) public spaces, limiting walls, the spaces are interconnected in the most effective way.
* 2nd floor: a kitchen is connected to a living room
* 4th floor connected to floor 4.5 (new loft): a studio is connected to an Altar room (vertically), the studio is connected to a garden and a wooden deck
* 5th floor: another living room is connected to 2 gardens (front and back). Like a sky garden.
- With the uninterruptedly interconnected spaces which are also connected to light sources and gardens, after the final renovation and construction, THE BUGS 'HOUSE was created - a house with various fascinating public areas.