Warm and bright were the client's main request when renovating their new Williamsburg home with OAD Interiors.Several design decisions were made to achieve this.
Natural white oak floors were specified which not only brightened and modernized the space but also helped to make the space feel larger. A lime wash was added to the living room brick wall to give surface variation while also brightening the room.
Warm white kitchen cabinetry paired with an oak wood island brings significant warmth to the home.
The footprint of the kitchen was extended to run through the dining area. Open shelving was included along with large storage drawers. The warmth created inside the home accentuates the surrounding cool greenery and allows it to feel more a part of the space.
In the open plan we played with scale to define areas and created balance using a mix of shapes. The Main bedrooms aim was to feel serene and calming. A variety of soft, subtle materials were used and the design was kept minimal. Local makers were included throughout the project.
Material Used :
1. Workstead - "Lodge sconce" in oak and brass - Bedroom wall sconces
2. Allied Maker - "Perforated Flush Dome" - white metal and oak - Bedroom overhead light
3. Wolf Wood Co - "Waterfall nightstands" custom solid oak - Bedroom side tables
4. Phillip Jeffries - "Vinyl Soltice Silk" - Moonrise 7981 - Bedroom wall covering
5. Watermark - "Loft" 2.0 Deck Mounted Bridge Gooseneck Kitchen Faucet / wm-23-7-5g-l8 - Kitchen faucet
6. Frankie - Fireclay Apron Front Kitchen Sink / MHK110-24WH - Kitchen sink
7. Porcelanosa - "Glem White" Polished Xtone / C229803951 100281547 - Kitchen counter and backsplash
8. PID - "Hope" engineered wood flooring / MRFFR1865 - Throughout
9. Rejuvenation - "Nina Cone Pendant" 24" - Kitchen Island
10. ADCO Woodworks - Custom Oak Coffee table - Living room